Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Nothing I make looks right lately.

Maybe it's just me.  Third trimester plus the new schedule have hit me pretty heavy and I am sleepy and achy and, consequentially...not getting things done shall we say.  So maybe it's just me.

On the other hand, others have seen it too...

It started with yesterday's project, a pony I was crocheting to give to Esther on her birthday.  This is the first few rounds of the head...


It looks even worse head-on.  I really should have taken a picture of it from that angle too.

Then, today...I have been thinking I wanted to knit some tube socks for the baby.  No real reason.  I've crocheted a few pairs already & certainly don't need anymore, but I wanted to see if I could make it happen.  So after a few false starts I got going and was booking along and looked down and thought to myself, I thought Self, that doesn't look quite innocent.

And then I finished one and thought No, not at all.  But having made one, there was naught for me to do but make the other...



So...

I may have inadvertently crocheted and knitted naughty-bits cozies, but at least I got a blog post out of it, right?

Update:  This is a snippet (admittedly heavily edited) of the FB conversation about that last one:

No comments: