Monday, February 13, 2012

February Photos, Day Thirteen: Blue

OK, I'll be the first to admit that today's a cop-out.  But it's also a chance to brag, so I'm going with it.

This is a photo.  It's the sky, as viewed from the parking lot of Erik's workplace.  There were some puffy white clouds this morning, but it cleared up beautifully.

Yesterday was pretty chilly, especially with the wind.  It only hit something like 43°, and with the stiff breeze (20mph or so) it felt much colder.  Yes, yes, I know.  It gets ridiculously cold in other parts of the country.  That's why I don't live in other parts of the country, mmkay?  There was, apparently, sleet in parts of the city during the morning hours, and even snow flurries (nothing stuck, of course).

Anyway, that was yesterday.  This is today.  Clear blue sky, temps in the mid-sixties.  It's the darnedest thing.  Even though I grew up here, I'm not really used to it.  I don't think I ever will be. 

Tomorrow, we celebrate Valentine's Day by going to the rodeo.  It's forecast to hit 72°.  I'm old-fashioned; I like my rodeo frigid.  The warmth will be nice all the same.  (We're actually just going to the stock show.  The performer lineup this year sucks.)

No comments: