Wednesday, February 02, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 3

Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.

I don't have a real good answer for this one.  Which is strange. 

I have this thing where I have a ridiculously long memory for times I have embarrassed myself.  For example: This one time, in first grade, we were in the cafeteria and as I was leaving with my class I saw my mom.  So I went up behind her and hugged her.  Well, when she turned around, I realized it wasn't her, it was another woman with the same coat.

I have hundreds more stories like that.  Little things to most people, but to me for some reason they loom large in my memory.  It is such a habit of my memory to hang on to these things that, when recently told of something I did as a child that I did not remember, my thought on the matter was "I have no idea what she's talking about.  Well, then, it couldn't have been embarrassing!"

So I guess I have a lot of random little things I could stand to let go and forgive myself for, so that maybe I can forget them.

No comments: