Tuesday, February 01, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 2

Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.

Hey, I get to be happy now.  Heh.

And, actually, that's sorta the answer too: What I love most about myself is my continuing optimism.  I'm sure I've said this several times before, but it always bears repeating.  Back in junior high we were studying the Holocaust in German class and of course discussing Anne Frank.  One of the things in her diary was something along the lines of "I still believe in the basic goodness of mankind."  (Not the exact quote, but how I remember it for some reason; maybe this is what is said in the movie.)  And I decided then & there that if Anne Frank could maintain that belief, so could I.

So I work to maintain an optimistic outlook.  And in truth, it's usually not that hard.

Right now, in fact, life is particularly good.  At this very  moment I'm sitting on my bed, and Marie is on her back on her playmat, kicking her baby legs happily and watching Esther, who is playing with a small yellow fleece blanket.  We're listening to Guns 'n' Roses, the sky is blue (no Snowmaggedon!1!! here), my tummy is full, Erik is off work today (and making a grocery store run).  I have a box of yarn waiting for me, including wool to be made into Marie butt-covers...No complaints.  Worries?  I've got 'em, but nothing which needs to be addressed right now (the up side to the aforementioned laziness, I suppose, is an ability to live in the moment).  So I will enjoy life as it is.

No comments: