Tuesday, June 18, 2013

We did celebrate Father's Day.

Not that you could tell from either of our blogs on the day of.

Since the girls' dad is supposed to have them on Father's Day itself, we actually had our little celebration the day before.  It was cute.  Esther crocheted (in the loosest sense of the term) a golf set for Erik--bag, club, and ball all three.  Not sure what he's supposed to do with it, but it's the thought that counts. Linda crocheted him a bookmark.  Bobbie made a nice card.

Me?  I gave him this:
That's a French press, I think a Mr. Coffee brand. I must confess my only qualification for this was "available at Wal-Mart," so I did not exactly pay close attention to the brand.

It seems to be a hit.  He's been using it since and says it's actually easier than the percolator.  We're doing everything we can to keep it out of Bobbie's reach.  (She's already dropped the percolator once, and let it burn dry another time.) 

Sunday we didn't do too much.  But I did get this picture:
And it has evidence that Erik is actually capable of smiling.  So there's that.

No comments: