Thursday, October 25, 2012

That was nice to see

I love early voting in Texas.  There's never much of a line (in my experience), and I don't see any point in sitting around waiting for The Day to roll around (especially since The Day is right after I'm due this time and hey, the kid could come here "on time").

So, Esther and I went and voted at a branch library yesterday.  Turnout seemed pretty good, but I don't know if that was due to the time (shortly after 5pm), location, or what.  I was the only one there with a small child, though I know one of my friends from high school took her kids with her when she voted on the first day.

New this election, near as I can tell, was the ability to vote a straight Green Party ticket.  Not that I did. 

I was very happy to see that there were actually four candidates for nearly every statewide election.  Two party system, my ass.

The bulk of my votes were cast for Libertarians with a few Republicans thrown in, but I voted for one Democrat & one Green.  Larry Noll always gets my vote.

On a sidenote...Maybe it's just that I don't know what it is to be a technophobe, but I'm going to go ahead and say that if you can't figure out a touch screen ballot, you're probably too dumb to be voting.  When the difficulty level is touch the name of the person for whom you wish to vote, and you say you need your grown son there to help you...Yeah.  (For what it's worth, she wasn't actually voting, just standing around talking about how she couldn't figure out how to.) 

No comments: