Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Not quite as promised


Mind you, I am no fan of Michele Bachman (and I happen to agree that Marcus is trying to hog all the gay), but I find this richly amusing, almost ironic. Thus is the danger of naming a group with a number.  Fall short--as this most likely will--and you wind up looking like an ass.

Then again, claiming that random famous men of the past were gay is also questionable, as far as I am concerned.  Seriously, the best evidence for Michelangelo having been gay is that he produced an awful lot of male nudes.  I mean, that can't possibly be a side effect of being a man in a very patriarchal time period, could it?  (Have you noticed how the possibility of a man being bisexual is almost never considered?  How sexist is that, really?  Women are bisexual all the time 'cause they can't be without a penis, but what would a gay man--with the attendant dick fest--want with a woman now and then?  But I digress.)

4 comments:

Borepatch said...

You are clearly an Enemy of the People. See ya later in the Camps ...

TBeck said...

They left out J. Edgar Hoover!

greg said...

Not proud to admit it, but I'm certain that once or twice in my younger less tolerant of other folks 'just wanting to be happy' days, I probably made some comment along the lines of 'women can be bi-sexual, but as a guy, if you do that to another guy, you're gay...it doesn't matter if you like girls too.'

Since then, my opinion has shifted, but I was not alone in that view point then, and I know not everyone has matured the way I have...

Mark said...

I'm still working on the dick-fest being a natural result of being a gay man. Clearly, I missed a memo - or the rest of the sorry bastards not putting out can't read.

I will sue. Call a Congressman. Call a reporter. Call Elton John; he needs to know this is going on.