Saturday, May 14, 2011

Haven't we seen this somewhere before?

ATF comes to Texas, starts a fire through stupidity.

"I will say this and you can quote me on it. That bunch had a real corner on stupid. We had high winds. We're under a burn ban because of extensive prairie fire, brush fires, and in they roll with the idea of blowing up things and giving no notification to our Sheriff. We've got a few residents who thought there might have been a terrorist act going on. To do all of that with a burn ban in effect. I know a bunch about explosives from my military career and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that explosives cause fires. We had a very good wind blowing that evening also. On top of that, we've got the federal government that has refused to provide assistance to the state on the request of Governor Perry because of all our statewide fires. Then in waltzes federal agents and they start a fire. That to me is a corner on stupid," Edwards said.

Until presented with evidence to the contrary, I will assume this fire was started because the ATF saw a church picnic filled with women and children, given the ATF's record with religious groups here in Texas.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

You might be right. I once lived next door to an ATF agent. SMILE