Friday, February 25, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 26

Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?

Plainly, whoever came up with this meme originally started running out of stuff.  (Googling it, it seems not too many people have gotten this far.  Most wander off after a week and a half or so.)

Actually, I'm sure this is supposed to be deep, akin to the very first day's "something you hate about yourself."  But for me personally...well, it's only the fact that I suffer from what Stephen King referred to as literary elephantiasis that's keeping me from a one-word answer here, 'cause that answer is:

No.

Have I been depressed?  You betcha.  Have I had some horrible years?  Heh.  Yeah, yeah I have.  (Never more than one in a row, which is helpful.)

But I've never really come close to giving up on life.  Not even mentally.  Like I said in the last entry, life makes itself worth living just by being.

1 comment:

suz said...

Same here. I don't think I'm capable of despair.