Monday, August 09, 2010

I know I shouldn't armchair quarterback...

But I do have one thing to say about this story:

Wreck kills driver, her mother, sister, and baby.

Benavides said after Andrews allegedly ran the red light, the patrol officer turned on his lights and began to follow the SUV. Andrews reportedly pulled over on Roosevelt near Lorita, police said, but because Roosevelt is a busy street, the officer pulled up alongside her and motioned for her to turn down Lorita.
I used to live on Lorita, in a little trailer park just off S. Flores.

I know that Roosevelt is an incredibly busy street.

I also know that, at Roosevelt and Lorita, the shoulder of the road is large enough that a vehicle can pull completely enough off the road that a police officer would not be in any danger from passing traffic.  If I recall correctly, there is a 42 stop right near there, and the bus pulls off of the road on a regular basis.

That said, I hope they hang the bitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is entirely her fault. Entirely.