Saturday, April 04, 2009

Obama is WHOSE president again?

Y'know, I started out thinking all this "He's not my president" nonsense was just that, but it's starting to look as if he agrees:

All right. Now, I know there are some other Americans in the crowd -- (cheers) -- but do me a favor, Americans; wait till we get back home, and I'll do a town hall there, because I -- (applause) -- because I want -- I want to hear from my French and German and European friends.
(emphasis mine)

Oh really?

I had the great...fortune of getting to listen to Barack Obama's Strasbourg speech this morning while at Burger King with my daughters. There is so much I found objectionable in this speech, but I'm going to choose to highlight the part I had the biggest problem with.

So there's the Big O, talking to a large crowd of French and Germans, and wouldn't you know it some Americans snuck into the crowd! The Big O happened to call on one of them for his first question, and immediately apologized for talking to one of his own people: "Oh, I called -- now, I just want to say I did not call on the American on purpose"

The first block quote was his wrap-up to the first question.

But wait, there's more!


Q Well, hello, Mr. President. I'm sorry. I'm from Chicago.

Excuse me. (Laughter.)

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Are you?

Q I'm also a student in the high school -- the International High School of Pontonniers. So --

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, no, I'm sorry. If you're American, I can't --

Q I'm French. I'm also French. (Cheers, applause.)

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Hold on. She says she also French.

Q Yes.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: What does that mean?

Q Double nationality.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Dual nationality.

Q Yeah.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: What do you think? Should we let her ask the question? (Cheers, applause.) Okay, go ahead.


Are you fucking kidding me? "Well, no I'm sorry if you're American I can't"? REALLY, MR PRESIDENT? Last I checked, dude, the election was for President of the United States of America. Not President of the European Union. They've got a president already. God forbid, Mr Obama, that you should answer questions from your own countrymen.

This has got to be one of the most shameful things this man has come up with. (Hey, it's early days yet.)

And just because even I didn't believe me until I found and read the transcript, here's a link:

Obama Holds Town Hall in Strasbourg, France

No comments: