Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sheeple 100

I have no idea where this one originated, but when I saw that both MattG & JayG had done it, I had to get in too. (And I'm starting to be damned tempted to change my last name to something starting with a G, just so I can really be a follower.)

1. Started your own blog. I'm guessing this indicates the meme did not start on a blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. I've been in a choir, though.
4. Visited Hawaii. If by "visited" you mean "lived there for a year and a half, conceiving & bearing a child," then yes, yes I have. (Best damn Hawaii souvenir ever, baby.)
5. Watched a meteor shower. As a preadolescent, at church camp.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Pretty much any time I give to charity, I do this.
7. Been to Disneyland. I hate Disney.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis. As a child, who hasn't?
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. More than once. Crocheting, knitting, cooking...
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables. Community garden, as a child. I've lost the talent now, it seems.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight. Not often since I was a newlywed...
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Rolled home at dawn more than once as an 18-year-old.
31. Hit a home run. Can't catch, can't throw, but damn I can hit.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Considering how many of 'em are from right here in south Texas, that's not very hard.
35. Seen an Amish community. Ft Wayne, IN has its share, apparently.
36. Taught yourself a new language. No. I've studied two in school, so I know how unreliable most of the "teach yourself" materials are.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Not right now. But it was a nice feeling, and it doesn't take much.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.
41. Sung karaoke. I've been drunk, but not that drunk.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Rob, Mark, & I welcomed the new millennium on a beach in Woonsocket, RI.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. Just once, & it was of dubious necessity. And I was really, really paranoid to not have a seatbelt.
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing. No, but I have been on a deep sea fishing trip. I just don't like fish. So I didn't rent a pole.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie. No, but I have been in a music video.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business. Not a successful one, mind you, but meh.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. Nope, but I have assembled sack lunches for the homeless.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. I was tops in my troop, beyotches.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason. The ex was quite romantic before going batshit insane.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. Two out of three.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check. Not on purpose.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. Heh. One week after being promoted, no less.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone. None of my own.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox. Yeah, I'm 29. We all have, my age & up.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury. My one & only summonses came (for Bexar County) when I was living in Portsmouth, VA.
91. Met someone famous. Famous, no. Semi-famous, yes.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby. And I'm damned good at it, too.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. I was there Monday, in fact.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit. Filed one, in fact.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Read an entire book in one day. 1998. Blue Moon, Laurell K Hamilton. Probably others as well, but that comes to mind right away, as I stayed up all night long to read it. Usually read 1/week.

2 comments:

JD said...

Hate Disney? Ouch. . .
You need to go there with kids to see the wonder. . . and not try to do it all in a day. Then you may like it.
I love Disney World, and the fact that while there you can totally avoid the outside world for the duration. . . .

Sabra said...

Being that my chief complaint with Disney corp. is their overwhelming contribution to the commercialization of childhood, I somehow doubt that immersing myself in Disney World/Land would help matters.