Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ami DIscworld!

It's not often that I'll cross-post between this blog and my crochet blog, but I know some of my readers here are Terry Pratchett fans.

I was surfing the 'Net using StumbleUpon the other day and came across the following on Craftster.org:



(Note the copyright on the image; I believe I'm covered by fair use here.)

Here's her blog post on the project: Amigurumi Discworld.

Amigurumi, for those who don't know, is a Japanese word referring to crocheted cute things, basically. (It's a bit more complicated, but boils down to that.) It's like Manga, but in crochet--the same general artistic style is visible in both.

I could argue that this isn't really amigurumi, as there are not giant heads involved anywhere, but meh. I think it's frankly much nicer than amigurumi (as are her other crocheted animals), but if she wants to call it that she may.

It is definitely a marvel of geekiness, and I am so jealous I didn't think of it first. Maybe I'll go buy a used copy of a Monster Manual and start crocheting kobolds or something. (Excuse me while I go lay down and try to pretend I don't actually think that's a great idea.)

No comments: