Thursday, July 04, 2013

QOTW

This is one of the single best lines I've read in a while:

History is made up of billions of stories of people who had their own hopes and dreams.


From Borepatch, of course.

I will admit, I've never understood how so many folks think history is boring.  It's the story of people.  Billions of people, most of whom lived their lives in thankful obscurity.  But people think it's boring.  Tell me, are you boring?  Didn't think so.  Neither am I, and in spite of my misanthropist leanings, I think people are about the most fascinating thing out there.  This is why I read so many memoirs. Yes, I want to know about you.

Just, please use paragraph breaks.

1 comment:

Borepatch said...

Well, I'm pretty boring. But I use paragraph breaks, perhaps to excess. ;-)

But thank you, Sabra. High praise from someone who writes like you do.