Thursday, March 28, 2013

I've got part of your problem right here.

This status is from one of my East Side friends with whom I attended junior high.  For the non-locals, the East Side is the side of town with the arsons, the drive-bys, and the general high crime.

I'm sure stuff like this has nothing to do with it:


Look at that last sentence again, the one I underlined: i have to teach her retaliation is a must

i have to teach her retaliation is a must

i have to teach her retaliation is a must

Seriously? Seriously? This! This right here is an example of the problem.  Kids picking fights is wrong, yeah, but not half as wrong as Mama saying "retaliation is a must."  This is right the fuck where vicious cycles start, y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me when people blame the 'gun culture' and want to implement licensing, background checks, training requirements.

And yet, we have a 'thug culture' that runs unchecked in most areas and gets little attention in the media.