Monday, January 23, 2012

When you're dreaming about updating your blog

you know it's time to actually post something.  I have zero inspiration, so here are the photos I took earlier this month as part of a "12 on 12" project--take a dozen photos on the 12th day of every month.  I reckon I'll share the project here as well.  These were all taken with my iPod, so they suck.  Future months will be better.  Most of these, naturally, are pictures of Marie.

Marie, at lunch.


At the fabric store, Marie grabbed the iPod.  She loves it, particularly the front-facing camera.  I snapped this picture of her staring lovingly at herself.


Moments later, she managed to take a picture on her own.  She's getting better at doing this, by the way.

Took the girls to McDonald's for dinner, and took this photo there.  Linda's reading a book one of her sisters brought home from school.  At the time she was quite whiny because she'd finished all the books I bought for Christmas and had nothing else to read.

I am slowly working my way through the Baby Surprise Jacket, a horror of double decreases and trying to knit an entire sweater in one piece (so it's big, and I don't have the attention span).  Here I was working on restarting it for the umpteenth time, and finally figured out how to do the crochet cast-on.  Since I crochet much better than I knit, this is really fast, and since I don't have to guess ahead of time how much yarn I need (as with long tail cast-on), I am in love.  Should have known--to make knitting appeal to me, just add crochet!

Oh, the hungry baby is hungry!  And likes to hold her foot while she eats.  (That bag behind her, by the way, is a sheet that I intended to turn into a wrap sling; as that didn't work it will become diapers.  I'll update on that once I've got them cut out--I'm sure I can get over a dozen from it, and I paid $3.99 at Goodwill.)

Somehow this turned out to be the only picture I got of Esther all day.  About a centimeter from the camera lens.  She likes to get really close.  Six years old, and still my cuddle bug.

Bobbie, reading one of the Harry Potter books.  I don't know which one.  It's not like I'm going to read along, okay?  But they like them, and now I face the daunting task of convincing them that nothing they read there was original.  Sigh.

Bobbie and Linda, mid candy hand-off.  They thought they were being sneaky.  They suck at being sneaky, but teaching them how to do it better would be really counter-productive, so they get no help from me.

I bought a plastic tub to put diapers in.  Naturally, Marie thinks this is the best source of toys EVAR.  (Note she's already tossed one on the floor.  Note, too, that there is an actual toy behind her.)

Naturally, I took the previous photo as a sign I needed to change her booty-butt.  Naturally, she wanted to play with the diaper instead of let me put it on her.

The downside to being a one-car family is I have to drop Erik at work and take the car to get the girls and then go pick him up in the middle of the night.  The upside to that is built-in alone time.  And, frequently, a stop at Taco Cabana.


Real content soon, I promise.

No comments: