Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Song #11

I'd planned to use Shooter Jennings's new song, but I got distracted by this one...

According to the band page on Lone Star Music's website, the Tejas Brothers have been around five years now.  They got their start jamming together at the Fort Worth Stockyards.

I love 'em because their sound is pure Texas.  There's a heavy conjunto influence, and a strong Southern Rock vibe, and the whole thing coalesces into something greater than the sum of its parts and very, very fun.  Dave Perez's accordion is the prominent instrument (which is as it should be; as far as I'm concerned the accordion is the most underrated instrument out there), and the song here, "Boogie Woogie Mamacita" shows off the playful style the band is known for. 

This is one of those songs Miss Marie loves shaking her little butt-butt to.  We've kind of adopted it as her theme song because she loves to dance so much.  I call her my "Boogie Woogie Babycita" (and then have to explain to her sisters that Babycita really doesn't mean anything).

Here's the video:



(Boogie Woogie Babycita, by the way, has cut her two center bottom teeth without so much as a whimper.  Kid never ceases to amaze me.)

No comments: