Sunday, February 20, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 21

Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?

Funny, that.  My best friend and I have never been in a fight.  Ever.  In the twenty-some-odd years we've known each other.  Man, I don't even remember the last time I was mildly irritated with him.  And this is a dude who is chronically late and sometimes in trouble with the law, thereby keying two of my major pet peeves.  But he's Mark.  I've been irked at Erik more often than I have at Mark.

So this scenario...It's 100% alien.  It could never, ever happen.  Now, the wreck part could happen.  It's happened before.  And I'd console him/help him out as best I could, just like the other couple of times.  What the hell else does a person do under those circumstances?

Now, if it were a normal person in my life and we got into a fight and then they got into a wreck, I'd needle them about their driving skills and how I told them not to do X, because I'm a bitch like that.  Maybe this is what that's getting at?

1 comment:

greg said...

This one is kind of silly...I am not going to say I have never been in a fight with any of my friends, but...I guess there are fights, and there are FIGHTS.

I think I can safely say that baring a 'you slept with my wife and/or daughter' kind of fight...no single argument would cause me to have different responses following an argument.