Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hey, cool

Probably not unusual in the grand scheme of things, but this is the first time I've gotten a hit from the middle of the ocean:

My very occasional Navy blogging gets me a few hits.

Actually, my mockery of the Navy's NWU is consistently one of my most popular pages (I know this is apparently an automated something-or-other, but that post is seriously #2 or #3 on my list of most-visited pages).  I've actually seen the uniforms in person a handful of times, and they don't look any better than they did the first time I saw the prototypes back in Honolulu.

Of course, my immediate thought is always "Hey! Sailors!" but I've seen lots of quizzical looks from folks who obviously don't know what the hell is going on.  That's probably more a matter of sailors being odd birds here in SA, though.  I gather they actually are authorized for at least limited use off-base now (either that, or the dudes I ran into in Burger King were asking for it), which is a good thing.

Should I now admit to being a fan of the MCPON on Facebook?  Geekery abounds.

No comments: