Monday, August 17, 2009

One for the moms: It's the little things.

In the background of one of the pictures Fred sent me you can see his door. And in that door is a key.

I envy him that key. A key means a lock. A lock means you can keep people out.

I just got out of the shower. Before I got in the shower, I made sure the children had food and drinks. Even candy. God knows they have toys. They also have my mother to take care of things they might not be able to take care of themselves.

You'd think I could take a shower without being bothered. The mothers who read this are now laughing. Schadenfreude is a beautiful thing, jawohl? 'S okay, I took one for the team.

Three children. Five interruptions. Not counting the indirect, yelling ones.

"Mommy, open my Lun-a-ble for me! Sissy say she won't open my Lun-a-ble."

"Mommy, I ate my nachos, can I eat my candy?"

"Mommy, look at my thumb and tell me if there's an ouchie on it. It hurts." (Mind you, I am very very very nearsighted, and no I do not wear my glasses in the shower.)

"Mommy, can I have candy?"

"Mommy, look at my hands! My hand need washing. Can I wash my hands?" While shoving them into the shower with me...

"Mommy, I'm thirsty and I don't wanna drink water!"



Anyone want to guess how often I've had to pause in writing this post in order to handle the munchkins?

No comments: