Monday, June 01, 2009

Oh, what a waste of time.

This is Bobbie's last week of school.

Today was a movie and popcorn (we actually picked her up early, so she missed out on the movie).

Tomorrow is Afternoon Field Day, which sounds as if it will be a far cry from the two-day PE fest that was Field Day when I was in school. It involves, apparently, a Moon Bounce, "water activities", and pizza.

Wednesday is another movie, this time with ice cream.

Thursday is Morning Field Day, with more water activities, but to my knowledge no Moon Bounce or Pizza. It is also End of Year Party day.

Friday is the most useless of all: an 11:45 a.m. dismissal.

The funny part? I got one of those groovy little letters from the principal earlier this month that included the line "Please join us while we continue to teach through the end of the school year." Um, yeah. Groovy, dude. I totally believe that. I'm sure Bobbie learned a whole bunch from all those Disney films y'all were showing her.

1 comment:

none said...

My 8 and 9 year olds have done nothing in school for the last three weeks but color, watch movies and fart around. These extra days they tacked onto the school year sure are useful...