Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Magnificat

46And Mary said:
"My soul glorifies the Lord
47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
50His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
51He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
52He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.
53He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty.
54He has helped his servant Israel,
remembering to be merciful
55to Abraham and his descendants forever,
even as he said to our fathers."

Luke 1:46 - 56; NIV

Today, I remember once again not only the greatness of the Lord, but His great mercy towards the least of us.

Going up the stairs to Tom Gish Hall last night for the CAYA Christmas Eve service, Linda said something to me about Jesus loving the people who are nice to him.

"No, sweetie, he loves everybody, whether we're nice to him or not."

"And that's the amazing part." This from the priest coming up the stairs behind us.

It is.

Merry Christmas to all who believe, and Happy Chanukah to all who believe.

No comments: